Photo by Cottonbro from Pexels
Understand how Gamification can trigger joyful and effective learning. Learn how to design games, and plan lessons and activities to enhance student motivation, foster creativity, critical thinking and develop social competencies by team cooperation and positive competition. Discover how video games, simulation, augmented reality and technology-aided outdoor activities can engage students and promote meaningful knowledge and competencies.
- Gamification benefits for student engagement and effective learning;
- Gamification, cognitive process and motivation;
- Gamification, critical thinking and creativity development;
- Planning and conducting a game-based lesson;
- Collaboration and positive competitiveness on gamified scholar activities;
- Digital games and technology-aided learning activities;
- Selecting games for specific student groups and subjects;
- Tools for collaboration in educational game-based projects;
- Game-based simulations augmented reality and 360 videos;
- Monitoring and assessing student performance on game-based activities.
* The course is held in the English language. English A2 (CEFR) level is recommended, but trainers are experienced in helping students with English language difficulties.
Note: The course program can be changed according to participant's profile, local holidays or on the availability of schools to visit.
Primary school teachers, Secondary school teachers and School managers.
- Brief introduction to each of the topics.
- Participants share experiences and best practices on each topic in group and plenary sessions.
- Participants experiment with the use of games, install, configure and explore tools and apps;
- Participants visit public and private schools, from different levels and observe infrastructures and resources and their usage.
- Individually or in groups, participants prepare lessons, using games and apps.
Course fee: 380,00€ per participant (click for detail)
The training course's fee is 380€ + VAT 80,5€* per participant, including coffee breaks (with traditional Portuguese surprises) and materials. Mint.Edu will only charge this amount to each participant. The fee is based on the daily 70€ Erasmus+ funding;
* VAT will be 0% (0€) when registering with a valid VAT - Number/Business ID/fiscal code or number.
Cultural visits and meals are paid separately;
Algarve cultural visit has the cost of 50€. Participants not willing to join the cultural visit must notify Mint.Edu 15 days before the course starts.
Course participants will get a Certificate of participation and a Declaration of Obtained Competencies.
Competences acquired will be validated by the course organizers on the Europass mobility. Participants must ask their national agency to issue the Europass (Visit our website Documents > Europass mobility).
Participants book their accommodation. Mint.Edu will advise participants for hotel choices in different price categories. Participants are free to choose hotels and restaurants. Accommodation is paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants. Lunches and coffee are available in or around the University of Algarve, where the course will take place.
- 2023-07-10 to 2023-07-14, Faro, Algarve, Portugal (Opened)
- 2023-08-28 to 2023-09-01, Faro, Algarve, Portugal (Opened)
- 2024-06-17 to 2024-06-21, Faro, Algarve, Portugal (Opened)
- 2024-07-15 to 2024-07-19, Faro, Algarve, Portugal (Opened)
- 2024-08-26 to 2024-08-30, Faro, Algarve, Portugal (Opened)