LEARNING TO CODE THROUGH ROBOTICS
Photo by Alex Knight from Pexels
Learn about robotics and develop your coding skills through robotics! Develop teaching skills and methods to help your students learn computer programming contents and techniques with a reality based approach using robots. Help your students develop algorithmic thinking skills and STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) contents through robotics and coding.
- Lego Education and Carnegie Mellon methodology;
- Introduction to robotics;
- EV3 hardware and software;
- Programming inputs (sensors) and outputs (motors);
- Loops and conditions;
- Variables, data types, and operators;
- Robotics class management;
- Robotics in the school curriculum.
* The course is held in the English language. English A2 (CEFR) level is recommended, but trainers are experienced in helping students with English language difficulties.
Note: The course program can be changed according to participant's profile, local holidays or on the availability of schools to visit.
Primary school teachers, Secondary school teachers, School staff and School managers.
- Brief introduction to each of the topics;
- Participants are involved in practical tasks including robot hardware assembly, adjustment and configuration, programming and debugging;
- Participants solve suggested tasks and challenges using EV3 software and hardware.
- Each one or two participants (depending on the number of course participants) will have one computer and one EV3 robot to practice and solve the suggested challenges;
- Participants share experiences and best solutions in group and plenary sessions;
- Individually or in groups, participants reflect and debate on robotics class management and robotics introduction in the school curriculum.
Course fee: 420,00€ per participant (click for detail)
The training course's fee is 420€ + VAT 96,6€* per participant, including coffee breaks (with traditional Portuguese surprises) and materials. Mint.Edu will only charge this amount to each participant. The fee is based on the daily 70€ Erasmus+ funding;
* VAT will be 0% (0€) when registering with a valid VAT - Number/Business ID/fiscal code or number.
Cultural visits and meals are paid separately;
Algarve cultural visit has the cost of 50€. Participants not willing to join the cultural visit must notify Mint.Edu 15 days before the course starts.
Course participants will get a Certificate of participation and a Declaration of Obtained Competencies.
Competences acquired will be validated by the course organizers on the Europass mobility. Participants must ask their national agency to issue the Europass (Visit our website Documents > Europass mobility).
Participants book their accommodation. Mint.Edu will advise participants for hotel choice in different price categories. Participants are free to choose hotels and restaurants. Accommodation is paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Lunches and coffee are available in or around the University of Algarve, where the course will take place.
- 2023-08-28 to 2023-09-01, Faro, Algarve, Portugal (Opened)
- 2024-08-26 to 2024-08-30, Faro, Algarve, Portugal (Opened)